The most important thing for you is to regulate your natural menstrual cycle, eat well and relax The more you worry about not conceiving the more stressed you will get. And stress is foremost in the general indirect causes of infertility. It brings about tightness in the neck muscles which affects the blood flow to the pituitary gland.
When the pituitary gland is not working properly, the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) that stimulates ovulation is not produced in sufficient quantity. This can lead to delayed ovulation and a longer or erratic menstrual cycle. Stress can also cause the fallopian tubes and/or the muscles of the womb to contract so the egg may not be able to reach the sperm cells or, if it does get fertilised, implant in the womb.
Physical stress is also a factor. Sitting in front of a computer, for example, can cause neck tension which, by affecting the blood flow as above can cause psychological stress and hormonal malfunction. Ask your husband to gently rub and stroke your neck and spine with Dr Ali’s Lifestyle Oil. Also massage your lower abdomen clockwise. This helps to reduce stress and reinstate blood flow to the brainstem and pituitary gland. Equally, a woman trying to conceive should not do strenuous work such as lifting and carrying, and should avoid high-impact exercises such as weight lifting or jogging. Do gentle yoga walking or swimming instead.
Diet-wise, you need to make sure that the pH level of the vaginal area is not too acidic because it can then act like a spermicide. Equally, don’t eat foods that may produce gas and thus disturb the circulation in the pelvic area. So avoid citrus fruits, a lot of garlic, spicy food, canned products, foods that contain yeast, coffee, alcohol, sugar, fried food and fizzy drinks.
Eat lots of apples, carrots and other fruit and vegetables, and foods that contain protein such as fish, eggs and chicken (all organic) -the protein found in animal fat helps boost the level of oestrogen in the blood. Pomegranates are as, additional remedy for infertility in India. The seed actually look like the womb of a pregnant woman and perhaps this is nature indicating that this fruit is good for women who are or want, to get Pregnant. Pomegranates have a high level of cobalt, which is an essential raw material for synthesizing blood and thus important for pregnancy.
Around ovulation time, the 12th to the 15th day of your cycle, stay calm and relaxed. Do relaxation breathing for ten to l5 minutes twice a day. Drink plenty of still water and eat protein with fresh fruit and vegetables, and freshly made juices. Intercourse on the day of ovulation or the following day is very good. Go to bed early, then make love in the morning, after a good night’s sleep. Lie in bed for at least an hour afterwards. It’s wise to refrain from intercourse a week before ovulation to allow the sperm to ripen.
- Homoeopathy and acupuncture to relieve stress.
- Ayuruedic herbal remedy: mix together 1 tsp Shatavari Kalpa powder, ½ tsp Kolonji oil, 7-8 saffron leaves (from Indian supermarkets) and 1 tsp organic runny honey. Take this, on l-2 Shatavari capsules, with warm milk after breakfast for four to six months.
- Mexican yam capsules : take 1 a day from the l4th day of the cycle until your period starts, to help thicken the womb lining.
How to improve Sperm Count
- About a third of infertility cases originate with the man. The problem centres on the health and vigour of the sperm: low sperm count, poor motility (the actual movement capability of the sperm) and few living sperm.
- Breakfast egg flip: stir a raw organic egg into a glass of hot creamy milk. Add salt and pepper to taste and .drink at breakfast.
- Ayuruedic herbal remedy: take 2 capsules of Ashwaganda and I capsule of Shilajit (Himalayan mineral rich in zinc and magnesium; from Indian supermarkets). Swallow after breakfast with a glass of full-fat organic milk in which you have mixed a pinch of
- Asafoedita powder (from Indian supermarkets), 1/2 tsp powdered ginger and 1 tsp organic runny honey.
For healthy sperm, stress management is vital, as is stopping smoking and drinking alcohol, if necessary.
He could also try: